Available nationwide with the ability to open online, TD Bank is offering up to a $1,000 welcome bonus when you open a new investment account using the link below. This is a tiered bonus, the more you deposit into TD, the more you can earn. Tiers start at $25,000 and go up to $500,000 to receive the max bonus. Keep in mind you'll need to register for the bonus AND keep you deposits on hand for at least 12 months to receive the bonus.
How To Earn The Bonus
The TD Bank TD Ameritrade Account promotion requires you to deposit and maintain a minimum balance in order to earn the up to $1000 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open a new investment account through the link below (offer NC1000 already applied).
- Within 45 days make qualifying new deposits into your investment account – $25,000-$49,999 earns $100; $50,000-$99,999 earns $300; $100,000-$499,999 earns $500; $500,000+ earns $1,000.
- Bonus will post the 45th day after offer enrollment.
- Maintain funds in the account at the level which you earned your bonus for 12 months to avoid clawback.
The fine print
- Offer valid for one new Individual, Joint or IRA TD Ameritrade account funded within 45 days.
- Account value of the qualifying account must remain equal to, or greater than, the value after the net deposit was made (minus any losses due to trading or market volatility or margin debit balances) for 12 months, or TD Ameritrade may charge the account for the cost of the offer at its sole discretion.
How does this investment offer from TD Bank compare?
To help you determine how this bonus stacks against the rest, here are some of the most popular offers available right now:
- up to $700
- Account Type
- Expires In
- 10 days
- Min Balance
Why TD Bank?
TD is the 8th largest bank in the U.S., with more than 1,200 physical locations – primarily in the Eastern states. TD Bank offers straightforward accounts, user-friendly online and mobile banking, and generous customer service hours (including extended branch hours). Their retail investing products under the TD Ameritrade brand are also some of the industry's best-in-class.
On the downside, however, TD Bank's interest rates are low and their fees can be steep (though some are easily waivable, like their monthly maintenance fees, while others offer a couple of reimbursements each year, like their $35 overdraft charge).
If you're located in one of the targeted states (mostly along the East Coast), we definitely recommend their welcome bonuses. The requirements are relatively easy for the cash given, and they regularly offer both checking and savings account promos that you can stack.
TD Ameritrade AccountTD Ameritrade has a whole suite of tools that allow you to trade in popular investments like: stocks, options, ETFs, mutual funds and more. Like many of the other big brands, they offer $0 commissions on online stock, ETF, and option trades.
TD Ameritrade Account does not charge a monthly fee.
TD Bank Locations
You may sometimes be required to visit a branch in-person to take advantage of a welcome offer. Or, you may just prefer the convenience of banking with institutions that have locations near you.
Get a better idea of how well TD Bank can serve you by checking out their branches closest to your area:
2307 West Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33609
200 South Pendleton Street
Easley, SC 29640
324 Main Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
333 State Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
182 Main Street
Waterville, ME 04901
2 N Main Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
194 W Street
Keene, NH 03431
121 Main Street
Southington, CT 06489
178 Main Street
New Britain, CT 06051
2035 Limestone Road
Wilmington, DE 19808
2992 Dixwell Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
2461 Main Street
Glastonbury, CT 06033