This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for BankBonus.com, a website wholly owned by MMG Media Group, LLC.
This policy explains:
- Information we collect about you
- Our legal bases for processing your information
- How we use your information
- Promotional updates and communications
- How we store and retain your information
- Cookies and other technologies
- Controlling your data
- Security and protection of your information
- Users aged 13 or under
- Changes to this policy
- How to contact us
1. Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
1.1 Information you give us:
This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us. Your participation is completely voluntary, but is required to take advantage of certain features or offers.
- Signing Up for Content Delivered by Email: When you sign up for a report, course, alert or other content delivered by email, we will ask for your email address. We may also ask for your name. Our partner tools (email marketing and CRM) will capture your IP address.
- Other Services: We may also ask for additional information when providing other services. For example, your cell phone number for text alerts or personal information in connection with surveys, contests, or other site tools.
1.2 Information we collect about you as you use our site:
- While on our site, we automatically capture certain information about how you’re using our site. This information may include the source that you just came from, your IP address (or a partially anonymized IP address), details about your browser, device, OS, or probable location, the pages you visit while on our site, some of the broad categories of the way you interact with our site, and any searches you perform.
- When you visit our site we assign you a unique identifier, which persists between visits, so that we can recognize you when you come back.
1.3 Information we receive from other sources:
- We may place a tracking mechanism on components of our site, such as an affiliate link, so that when you visit or sign up for services from our partners, they’re able to share that information back to us.
To learn more about this behavioral tracking, including information on how to opt-out, please see our Controlling Your Data section.
2. Our legal bases for processing your information
We can collect and process your data under one of the following legal bases for our use.
- Consent. We can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, if you’ve opted to receive marketing material from us.
- Legal Compliance. If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- Legitimate Interest. We may use your data as required in the normal course of operating our business unless our legitimate interests are overridden by your rights.
3. How we use your information
3.1 Business purposes for which we collect and use personal data:
When we have a legal basis for collecting your personal information, we do so from a variety of sources, including your explicit input and interaction on this website, through our advertisements on other websites, and through third parties that have information about you or about people that exhibit similarities to the data we have collected about you. We may combine your data with anonymized, aggregated data to draw inferences about you or your interests. We use all this data to make our site and our advertising relevant to you.
|Business Purpose||Categories of Personal Data|
To administer our site, site performance, and internal operations such as troubleshooting or testing
To deliver relevant advertising to you and to measure and optimize the effectiveness of our advertising
To keep you informed about products and services similar to the ones you’ve shown interest in
To ensure our content, layout and features are presented in the most effective manner for you and devices
3.2 Categories of service providers to which personal data is disclosed:
We use service providers to process personal information for a variety of purposes.
In some states, these types of external companies are called service providers. We disclose personal information about you to the following categories of service providers in order to process data for us:
- Content delivery providers, like ActiveCampaign
- Traffic monitoring and analytics providers, like Hotjar
To learn how to opt out of this data sharing, please see our Controlling Your Data section of this privacy statement.
3.3 Categories of other third parties to which personal information may be sold; and the business purposes for such “sales”:
BankBonus.com does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external partners about a particular offer that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
If you are a California resident, some of our disclosure of personal information is considered a sale of data even if we don’t receive something of monetary value in exchange. We share personal information in this type of “sale” with the following categories of third parties:
- Companies that serve ads, like Facebook
- Marketing analytics companies, like Google
We share personal information with third parties in this type of “sale” for the following business purposes:
- Advertising: To deliver relevant advertising to you and to measure and optimize the effectiveness of our advertising
- Marketing: To keep you informed about products and services similar to the ones you subscribe to
- Research: To better understand our visitors so we can improve our site and service
4. Promotional updates and communications
From time to time, BankBonus.com may contact you via email (if you’ve consented) for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our services, we receive data when you open an email from us or click on a link therein.
To read about your options for opting out of marketing and promotions, please see our Controlling Your Data section of this privacy statement.
5. How we store and retain your information
We store your data in the databases of our contracted service providers.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill any legal obligations we may have as well as for purposes of processing your information for the delivery of our services (for example, if you continue to subscribe to one of our email-based services, we will need your information to email the service to you). We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
6. Cookies and other technologies
Cookies contain bits of data that websites such as ours place on your computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies can make the web more useful by collecting and storing information about your preferences on a particular site and help websites operate more efficiently. Cookies and similar technologies enable you to be remembered when using that computer or device to interact with websites and online services and can be used to manage a range of features and content as well as storing searches and presenting personalized content.
We use our cookies with the aim of optimizing our website and improving your experience. Cookies help us estimate our audience size, determine usage patterns and help us better target content and ads based on our users’ interests. They also help us “remember” your choices, such as the filters you’ve set or the location you’ve asked us to use to determine bonus availability.
7. Controlling your data
7.1 Cookie removal:
You can always modify your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when cookies are set. For more information about cookies including removing any or all of your cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Also, if you would like to remove the Google Analytics and DoubleClick cookies, please go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ respectively. You should be aware that this will affect your Google cookies on all sites, and not just ours.
7.2 Opt out of marketing & promotions:
If you would rather not hear from us by email, you can unsubscribe using the link found at the bottom of emails sent from our site.
7.3 Opt out of behavioral advertising:
To learn more about behavioral advertising, including information on how to opt-out, please:
- visit the DAA opt-out program, the Evidon opt-out program, and the Google Analytics opt-out program to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in browsers for ad serving purposes;
- download the Evidon Ad Control application, available for iOS and Android, to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in mobile apps;
- see the interests associated with you by Google at https://adssettings.google.com; and
- visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt out page.
8. Security and protection of your information
BankBonus.com is committed to protecting your personal information. We use SSL to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is encrypted and secure.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of information over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of these sites.
9. Users aged 13 or under
BankBonus.com does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. By using this site, you confirm to us that you are over the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website and before providing any personal information to us.
10. Changes to this policy
BankBonus.com reserves the right to change this Privacy and Cookie Statement from time to time. Please check back regularly to review your rights. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat personal information, we’ll announce it by sending an email and/or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
11. Contact us
MMG Media Group, LLC
P.O. Box 82269
Columbus, OH 43202
Last updated March 1, 2021