For business owners, Santander Bank used to offer a welcome bonus for opening a new business checking account and maintaining a balance for a bit. Now, they've shifted their welcome offer to encouraging business owners to open and use a Santanders Merchant Services account.
The offer isn't worth pursuing if you're not already in need of a Merchant Services account, but is an easy promo if you happen to be in the market.
How To Earn The Bonus
The Santander Bank Merchant Services promotion requires you to complete the following in order to earn the $200 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open a new Merchant Services account using the link below.
- Link your new Santander Merchant Services processing account to your Santander business checking account.
- Within 90 days, receive 2 or more Merchant Services payments.
- Bonus will be credited into your linked business checking account within 30 days of meeting requirements.
The fine print
- Business must not currently have, nor have had, any Santander Merchant Services account in the last 12 months.
How does this offer from Santander Bank compare?
To help you determine how this bonus stacks against the rest, here are some of the most popular offers available right now:
Chase Business Complete Banking℠
- up to $500
- Account Type
- Business Checking
- Expires In
- 64 days
- Min Balance
- Card Spend (optional)
Why Santander Bank?
Santander Bank is a subsidiary of Santander Group – a Spanish financial services company.
The Spanish mother company was founded in 1857, making it over 160 years old. In the US, however, Santander Bank was previously called Sovereign Bank, founded in 1902.
Santander Bank is based in Boston, and they service the Northeast and Florida with 650 retail banking locations and more than 2,000 ATMs. Its current deposits amount to $57.5 billion.
Learn more in our Santander Bank review
Merchant Services does charge a monthly fee of $50, but there are ways to get this waived:
- Have at least one Santander Merchant Services account payment deposited into your Santander Business Checking Plus account each month for the full year.
Santander Bank Locations
You may sometimes be required to visit a branch in-person to take advantage of a welcome offer. Or, you may just prefer the convenience of banking with institutions that have locations near you.
Santander Bank has a total of 483 branches in the United States.
Get a better idea of how well Santander Bank can serve you by checking out their branches closest to your area:
102 Rogers Street
Gloucester, MA 01930
81 Water Street
Staten Island, NY 10304
215 Atlantic Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11201
1822 Massachusetts Avenue
Lexington, MA 02420
1 Union Square
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
223 Main Street
Nashua, NH 03060
5 Billerica Rd
Chelmsford, MA 01824
300 Andover Street
Peabody, MA 01960
340 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
75-101 Federal Street
Boston, MA 02110
115 Asylum St
Hartford, CT 06103
150 Bridge Street
Pelham, NH 03076