$5 extra each month just for putting money into my own savings account? OKAY. BMO Harris Bank is offering a total of $60 (5 bucks a month for a maximum of 12 months) as a savings-incentive bonus if you open a new Statement Savings account.
Pro tip: maximize your bonus by also taking advantage of either of the personal checking account welcome bonuses they're offering.
How To Earn The Bonus
The BMO Harris Statement Savings promotion requires you to deposit and maintain a minimum balance in order to earn the $60 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open a new Statement Savings account using the link below.
- Earn an extra $5 for every month you deposit at least $200 into the account, for up to 12 months.
The fine print
- Available only to those who live in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Arizona, or Florida.
- If you contribute at least $200 to your account within the same month that you open the account, you'll be eligible for 12 rewards. If you don't fund your account until the next month, you're limited to 11 rewards.
- For every month that your balance on the last business day of the current month is at least $200 more than the balance on the last business day of the previous month, you'll earn $5.
- If earned, the $5 bonus will be credited to your account within 5 calendar days after the end of the month.
- You cannot combine this offer with any other personal savings bonuses, but you can stack this with a checking account welcome bonus.
Why BMO Harris Bank?
BMO Harris Bank is headquartered in Chicago, and has about 500 physical locations across 8 states. For their checking accounts, BMO expands its reach by joining the Allpoint ATM network, which gives you access to about 40,000 fee-free ATMs. They also offer online and mobile tools to help you take care of most banking tasks without needing to go in-branch.
BMO offers personal checking, savings products like accounts, MMAs and CDs, business and commercial accounts, home and auto loans, credit cards, and IRAs. They also offer their "Premier Services", which is a wealth management service that aims to help you define and work toward a financial plan.
While BMO offers more accounts and services than some of the online-only banks, most of their rates are only competitive with the big banks (read: not very high), so keep that in mind.
Learn more in our BMO Harris Bank review
Statement Savings is a great basic savings account. You only need $25 to open the account, and it comes with a suite of online tools to help you set and track your progress toward your savings goals.
Statement Savings does charge a monthly fee of $5, but there are ways to get this waived:
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $100
- OR, the primary account owner is under the age of 25
BMO Harris Bank Locations
You may sometimes be required to visit a branch in-person to take advantage of a welcome offer. Or, you may just prefer the convenience of banking with institutions that have locations near you.
Fortunately, BMO Harris Bank has a total of 527 branches in the United States.
Get a better idea of how well BMO Harris Bank can serve you by checking out their branches closest to your area:
302 North Iowa Street
Dodgeville, WI 53533
2005 West Route #34
Plano, IL 60545
50 North Brockway
Palatine, IL 60067
6625 Lyndale Avenue South
Richfield, MN 55423
111 W Monroe St
Chicago, IL 60603
110 East Irving Park Road
Roselle, IL 60172
11301 Nall Avenue
Leawood, KS 66211
503 North Washington Street
Naperville, IL 60563
4711 Monona Drive
Monona, WI 53716
10604 North Il Route 47
Huntley, IL 60142
3225 Kirchoff Road
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
228 Water Street
Eau Claire, WI 54702