Ally Invest is offering new investors up to $3,000 in bonus cash when you open and fund a new self-directed investing account. You'll need at least $10,000 to earn the first tier bonus ($100), up to $2M to earn the full $3k.
On transfers over $2,500, Ally will also cover any transfer fees your current brokerage might charge, up to $75.
Here are the tiers of this investing bonus:
|New Money Added||Bonus Amount|
How To Earn The Bonus
The Ally Invest promotion requires you to deposit and maintain a minimum balance in order to earn the up to $3000 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open a new self-directed Ally Invest account using the link below.
- Within 60 days, deposit $10K to earn $100; $25K to earn $250; $100k to earn $300; $250K to earn $600; $500K to earn $1,200; $1M to earn $2k; or $2M to earn $3,000.
- Maintain that balance (including the bonus) for 300 days.
- Accounts will be reviewed 60 days after opening, and corresponding bonus will be credited to the account within 10 business days.
The fine print
- Offer is open to U.S. residents only and excludes current Ally Invest account holders and former Ally Invest account holders who have closed their accounts within the past 90 days.
- The offer is valid for one, new Ally Invest Securities LLC account per person.
- Ally Invest Advisors Robo Portfolios are not eligible for the promotion.
- The new account must be opened using the Open Account button associated with this specific promotional offer to be eligible for the bonus.
- This offer is not transferrable and other restrictions may apply.
- If the qualifying deposit is withdrawn within 300 days after the 60 day review, the bonus may be revoked.
- Account owners who complete a first-time ACAT transfer of $2,500 or more are eligible to receive a transfer fee credit of up to $75 to cover the outgoing transfer fee from the current brokerage firm. The credit will be deposited into the new account within 30 days of the receipt of evidence of charge. The credit cannot be applied to Termination or Maintenance Fees.
How does this investment offer from Ally compare?
To help you determine how this bonus stacks against the rest, here are some of the most popular offers available right now:
- up to $700
- Account Type
- Expires In
- 17 days
- Min Balance
Why Ally Bank?
Ally Bank is the consumer banking division of Ally Financial, a Detroit-based company that ranks among the largest financial institutions in the US.
Ally was founded in the early 20th century by General Motors to provide financing to automotive customers. It was originally called the General Motors Acceptance Corporation (GMAC). Since its re-brand to Ally Bank in 2009, the bank has expanded to serve more than 8 million customers and remains one of the country's biggest car finance companies.
A major player in the online-only banking space, Ally has built its name on high interest rates, a low fee schedule, an investment platform, and personal loans.
Ally Invest is a top-rated broker, offering $0 commissions, an easy-to-use online and mobile platform packed with market and company data, and customizable charts for the more advanced investors.
You can open an Ally Invest account with just $1 and there are no ongoing balance requirements after that, making the account accessible to all levels of investors.
Ally Invest does not charge a monthly fee.