If you're not currently a Schwab customer, you can open any investment account and earn a referral bonus based on your net deposit within 45 days. This includes retail brokerage accounts, individual retirement accounts, or the managed portfolios like Schwab Intelligent Portfolios®.
Keep in mind that the link above is only for details – you will need to open the account through a referral link from an existing Schwab customer in order to qualify for the promo.
This is a tiered bonus, the more you deposit, the more you can earn.
- Tier 1 | Balance Maintained: $25,000 - $49,999: $100 Bonus
- Tier 2 | Balance Maintained: $50,000 - $99,999: $300 Bonus
- Tier 3 | Balance Maintained: $100,000 - $499,999: $500 Bonus
- Tier 4 | Balance Maintained: $500,000+: $1,000 Bonus
How To Earn The Bonus
The Charles Schwab Schwab One® promotion requires you to deposit and maintain a minimum balance and use a referral link in order to earn the up to $1000 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open a new account using a referral link from an existing member.
- Within 45 days, make a qualifying net deposit between $25,000 - $500,000+ in cash or securities, earning the reward that correlates with that tier ($100-$1,000).
- The net deposit amount at the end of 45 day period will be used to calculate your bonus tier.
- Bonus will be paid into your account about a week after the 45-day period.
The fine print
- Offer valid for referred individuals who do not currently have a Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab") account (other than a Stock Plan Services account).
- Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible.
How does this investment offer from Charles Schwab compare?
To help you determine how this bonus stacks against the rest, here are some of the most popular offers available right now:
- up to $700
- Account Type
- Expires In
- 10 days
- Min Balance
Why Charles Schwab?
Charles Schwab is one of the industry's top brokerages, catering to investors of all types. They offer a wide range of investment accounts, including tax-sheltered IRAs, taxable brokerages, automated and managed portfolios, trusts and charitable accounts. Under their Charles Schwab Bank umbrella, they also offer traditional banking products, including their High Yield Investor Checking account that you can link to your Schwab One brokerage account.
Investors that are just starting out appreciate the $0 account minimum. For active traders, the company offers $0 commissions for stock, options and ETF trades. Both camps will appreciate trading platforms that span desktop, web and mobile, and offer as many or as few tools as you're comfortable.
No minimum balance, no monthly fees, $0 equity commissions, a wide variety of investment vehicles (IRAs, taxable accounts, guided portfolios), PLUS a bonus on top? No brainer.
Schwab One® does not charge a monthly fee.