Available nationwide with the ability to open online, and back for 2023, M1 Finance is offering up to a $500 welcome bonus when you open a new investment account and make an initial deposit. This is a tiered bonus, the more you deposit, the more you can earn.
What's more? You can stack this offer with the M1 Transfer (ACATS) $10,000 Bonus.
How To Earn The Bonus
The M1 Invest promotion requires you to deposit and maintain a minimum balance in order to earn the up to $500 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open a new M1 Invest account.
- Within 14 days, make cumulative initial deposits totaling at least $10,000.
- Maintain that balance for six months to earn your bonus, as follows: $10,000-$29,999 earn $75; $30,000-$49,999 earn $150; $50,000-$99,999 earn $250; $100,000+ earn $500.
- Bonus will payout on the last day of the sixth month after the New User Sign-up Date
The fine print
- The entire Deposited Value must be made in cash via an ACH deposit into a taxable M1 investment account and not part of any Automated Customer Account Transfers Service (“ACATS”).
- A deposit into an M1 retirement account or a direct 401(k) rollover is not eligible for this Promotion. Additionally, cryptocurrency is not eligible for this Promotion.
- This Promotion is independent from, and in addition to, your potential participation in the M1 ACATS Promotion available to you at any given time.
How does this investment offer from M1 compare?
To help you determine how this bonus stacks against the rest, here are some of the most popular offers available right now:
- up to $700
- Account Type
- Expires In
- 13 days
- Min Balance
Why M1 Finance?
M1 Finance is a personal finance app that offers investing, loans, and a cash management account. M1 Finance’s investing tools allow you to customize your own investment strategy and utilize automation to keep it in balance.
M1 Invest is the foundational product for the M1 Finance platform. You'll have access to commission-free trades, a suite of automation tools, and the flexibility to choose between a DIY, custom portfolio made up of individual stocks and ETFs, or opt instead for "pre-baked" expert pies.
You can also attach an M1 Borrow account, which will let you borrow up to the 35% of your Invest portfolio at a super-low interest rate of 2% or 3.5%, while leaving your actual investments intact so that they can continue to grow. It's the kind of borrowing that's usually reserved for the ultra rich.
M1 Invest does not charge a monthly fee.