College students can earn this super easy bonus from one of our top national banks. Chase is offering $100 for opening a new Chase College Checking account and completing 10 qualifying transactions.
The 10 transactions sounds like a lot, but you have 60 days and everything from ACH credits, mobile check deposits, writing actual checks, Zelle, debit card purchases, and paying bills count.
The sooner you make those 10 transactions, the sooner you get paid: Chase will deposit your new checking account bonus within 15 days of the 10th transaction (but most report that the bonus actually only takes a couple of days).
How To Earn The Bonus
The Chase College Checking℠ promotion requires you to optionally, make purchases using the account's card and set up bill pay in order to earn the $100 bonus (step-by-step breakdown is listed above!).
As with any offer, don't forget to read the fine print before opening your new account. It's where the bank will clearly state who is eligible for the deal along with any nuances you'll want to be aware of.
The fine print
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Coupon is good for one-time use.
- Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and its affiliates are not eligible for this offer.
- To receive this bonus, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout.
- Qualifying transactions include: debit card purchases, online bill payments, checks paid, Chase QuickDepositSM, Zelle®, or ACH credits.
- If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after coupon enrollment, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
Why Chase Bank?
Chase Bank is one of the largest banks in the U.S., and one of our top picks for national banks. You'll have access to more than 4,700 physical branches, more than 15,000 ATMs, and a well-liked mobile app that makes it easy to skip both (it averages 4.8 stars in the App Store and 4.4 stars on Google Play).
Chase offers everything from credit cards, home and auto loans, personal accounts, business and commercial products, and investment products under their J.P. Morgan umbrella.
Like most of the national banks, their rates aren't great, but their product breadth makes it easy to conveniently bank all at one place.
Plus, when it comes to bank bonuses and coupon codes, Chase has some of the best out there. The bank is constantly trying to attract new customers with sign-up bonuses and promotional offers.
Chase College Checking℠
As you might expect, Chase College Checking accounts are designed for university and college students. There’s technically a low monthly fee, but you can get that waived for 5 years just by being a student.
Chase College Checking℠ does charge a monthly fee of $6, but there are ways to get this waived:
- No fee automatically for up to 5 years while in college.
- OR, make an electronic deposit into the account each month.
- OR, maintain an average daily balance of $5,000.
Share Your Thoughts or Questions
There have been 2 comments about the Chase College Checking℠ $100 Bonus.