Available nationwide to new and existing customers, Citi is offering up to a $500 bonus when you add new-to-Citi funds to a Citi® Self Invest account.
As is typical with Citi promotions, this is a tiered offer: the more you add, the more you earn. You'll need to deposit at least $10,000 to earn a $100 reward, or at least $200,000 to receive the full $500.
You'll need to also maintain your funds through a date defined in the table below:
|Month opened/new funds added||Funding period||Maintain Funds Through|
|February 2023||02/1/2023 - 03/31/2023||04/30/2023|
|March 2023||03/1/2023 - 04/30/2023||05/31/2023|
|April 2023||04/1/2023 - 05/31/2023||06/30/2023|
|May 2023||05/1/2023 - 06/30/2023||07/31/2023|
|June 2023||06/1/2023 - 07/31/2023||08/30/2023|
How To Earn The Bonus
The Citi® Self Invest promotion requires you to deposit and maintain a minimum balance in order to earn the up to $500 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open a new Citi® Self Invest account or add new-to-Citi funds to an existing account.
- Opt-in to eDelivery of statements and confirmations.
- Bonus will be tiered based on the total amount added: $10,000 to earn $100; $50,000 to earn $200; $200,000 to earn the full $500.
- Maintain the New-To-Citi funds in your account through the “maintain funds” deadline as outlined in the chart.
- Bonus will be credited on the last day of the 3rd month following the “maintain funds” period.
Open a Citi® Self Invest account before the bonus expires on June 30, 2023
The fine print
- At the time the Cash Bonus is credited to that account, the Citi Self Invest account must be open and in good standing.
- New-to-Citi Funds are cash that must come from an external, non-Citi, source through a standard transfer method (e.g., a standard Transfer of Assets form, check, electronic funds transfer, ADM deposit).
- New-to-Citi Funds are: 1) funds deposited from external accounts or payees other than Citibank, N.A. and its affiliates and 2) must be deposited using domestic ACH transfer, Direct Deposit, checks drawn on banks other than Citibank, N.A. wire transfer, trustee to trustee transfer, or ACAT securities transfers. Citi employees’ compensation payments may also qualify.
- Cash deposits, Citi Global Transfers, international ACH transfers, and person-to-person transfer services such as Apple Pay, PayPal®, Venmo, and Zelle®, do not qualify as New-to-Citi Funds.
- New-To-Citi Funds may be deposited into a Citibank checking or savings account up to 30 days prior to the start of the Account Funding Period and then be transferred to the new Citi Self Invest account during the Account Funding Period. However, transfers of existing funds from a Citibank deposit account (i.e. checking and savings) are not considered New-To-Citi funds for the purpose of this promotion.
- The total funding for purposes of determining whether the bonus will be the level considered under the offer is defined as the total amount of eligible cash received in the account minus withdrawals and transfers out of the account as of the deadline to maintain the funds based on the month of account opening. Distributions, interest, and dividends from investments will not be counted. Market fluctuation will not impact bonus eligibility.
- Limit one bonus per individual customer. If multiple accounts are opened or funded by a customer, the offer will apply to the eligible account with the highest balance. Multiple account balances in the name of the same beneficial owner will not be aggregated for purposes of this offer.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
How does this investment offer from Citi® compare?
To help you determine how this bonus stacks against the rest, here are some of the most popular offers available right now:
- up to $700 + $50 BankBonus Exclusive
- Account Type
- Min Balance
- Account Type
- Min Balance
Citi is headquartered in New York and has around 2,600 locations worldwide (about 1,000 of those are here in the U.S.) and over 72,000 fee-free ATMs. So you really never need to worry about getting access to your cash.
Citi is best known for their credit cards, but they offer just about every product you'd expect from a big national bank – covering banking, lending, investing, and wealth management.
What we really love about Citi is the consistent promotions, usually available nationwide. When you open a new account or credit card, Citi will very often give you bonus cash.
What's more, Citi promotions are often tiered. The low requirements make the offers accessible to most people, but even better, Citi will reward you big if you can meet the highest terms.
Learn more in our Citi® review
Citi® Self Invest
Citi® Self Invest is a new offering from Citi, released in the summer of 2021 to help the company compete against banking competitors like Chase and Charles Schwab and online brokerages like Robinhood.
It's a zero-fee trading platform that has no minimum balance requirements. It also includes access to a learning center to help new investors get started on the right foot.
Learn more in our Citi® Self Invest review
Citi® Self Invest does not charge a monthly fee.
Apply now for a Citi® Self Invest account to earn the $500 bonus offer
You may sometimes be required to visit a branch in-person to take advantage of a welcome offer. Or, you may just prefer the convenience of banking with institutions that have locations near you.
Fortunately, Citi® has a total of 680 branches in the United States.
Get a better idea of how well Citi® can serve you by checking out their branches closest to your area:
1190 S Dixie Highway
Coral Gables, FL 33146
5800 South Corporate Place
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
One Penn'S Way
New Castle, DE 19720
3660 W. Hillsboro Boulevard
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
4807 Coconut Creek Parkway
Coconut Creek, FL 33063
New York City, NY 10010
6 Montgomery Village Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
250 Route 59
Suffern, NY 10901
170 N Main St
New City, NY 10956
Amityville, NY 11701
77 East Main Street
Bay Shore, NY 11706
4175 Veterans Memorial Highway
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired or changed.