Available nationwide to new and existing customers, Citi is offering up to a $500 bonus when you add new-to-Citi funds to a Citi® Self Invest account.
As is typical with Citi promotions, this is a tiered offer: the more you add, the more you earn. You'll need to deposit at least $10,000 to earn a $100 reward, or at least $200,000 to receive the full $500.
You'll need to also maintain your funds through a date defined in the table below:
|Month opened/new funds added||Funding period||Maintain Funds Through|
|September 2023||through 10/31/2023||11/30/2023|
|October 2023||through 11/30/2023||12/31/2023|
|November 2023||through 12/31/2023||01/31/2024|
|December 2023||through 01/31/2024||02/29/2024|
|January 2024||through 02/29/2024||03/31/2024|
|February 2024||through 03/31/2024||04/30/2024|
|March 2024||through 04/30/2024||05/31/2024|
How To Earn The Bonus
The Citi® Self Invest promotion requires you to deposit and maintain a minimum balance in order to earn the up to $500 bonus (step-by-step breakdown is listed above!).
As with any offer, don't forget to read the fine print before opening your new account. It's where the bank will clearly state who is eligible for the deal along with any nuances you'll want to be aware of.
The fine print
- At the time the Cash Bonus is credited to that account, the Citi Self Invest account must be open and in good standing.
- New-to-Citi Funds are cash that must come from an external, non-Citi, source through a standard transfer method (e.g., a standard Transfer of Assets form, check, electronic funds transfer, ADM deposit).
- New-to-Citi Funds are: 1) funds deposited from external accounts or payees other than Citibank, N.A. and its affiliates and 2) must be deposited using domestic ACH transfer, Direct Deposit, checks drawn on banks other than Citibank, N.A. wire transfer, trustee to trustee transfer, or ACAT securities transfers. Citi employees’ compensation payments may also qualify.
- Cash deposits, Citi Global Transfers, international ACH transfers, and person-to-person transfer services such as Apple Pay, PayPal®, Venmo, and Zelle®, do not qualify as New-to-Citi Funds.
- New-To-Citi Funds may be deposited into a Citibank checking or savings account up to 30 days prior to the start of the Account Funding Period and then be transferred to the new Citi Self Invest account during the Account Funding Period. However, transfers of existing funds from a Citibank deposit account (i.e. checking and savings) are not considered New-To-Citi funds for the purpose of this promotion.
- The total funding for purposes of determining whether the bonus will be the level considered under the offer is defined as the total amount of eligible cash received in the account minus withdrawals and transfers out of the account as of the deadline to maintain the funds based on the month of account opening. Distributions, interest, and dividends from investments will not be counted. Market fluctuation will not impact bonus eligibility.
- Limit one bonus per individual customer. If multiple accounts are opened or funded by a customer, the offer will apply to the eligible account with the highest balance. Multiple account balances in the name of the same beneficial owner will not be aggregated for purposes of this offer.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
Citi is headquartered in New York and has around 2,600 locations worldwide (about 1,000 of those are here in the U.S.) and over 72,000 fee-free ATMs. So you really never need to worry about getting access to your cash.
Citi is best known for their credit cards, but they offer just about every product you'd expect from a big national bank – covering banking, lending, investing, and wealth management.
What we really love about Citi is the consistent promotions, usually available nationwide. When you open a new account or credit card, Citi will very often give you bonus cash.
What's more, Citi promotions are often tiered. The low requirements make the offers accessible to most people, but even better, Citi will reward you big if you can meet the highest terms.
Citi® Self Invest
Citi® Self Invest is a new offering from Citi, released in the summer of 2021 to help the company compete against banking competitors like Chase and Charles Schwab and online brokerages like Robinhood.
It's a zero-fee trading platform that has no minimum balance requirements. It also includes access to a learning center to help new investors get started on the right foot.
See Citi® website for more information regarding fees.
Share Your Thoughts or Questions
There have been 3 comments about the Citi® Self Invest up to $500 Bonus.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired or changed.