Aspiration is offering a $200 bonus when you open one of their Aspiration Plus accounts and then spend at least $1,000 using your debit card.
The Plus account comes with some extra perks – including higher cash back and higher interest on your savings – but if you're looking for a free account to try first, they're also offering a $150 bonus for opening a basic Aspiration account (with the same requirements). With that account, you pay what you think is fair, even if it's $0.
How To Earn The Bonus
The Aspiration Plus promotion requires you to make purchases using the account's card in order to earn the $200 bonus.
Full requirements to receive this bonus are:
- Open an Aspiration Plus account using the link below.
- Fund the account with at least $10.
- Within 60 days, make at least $1,000 in cumulative debit card purchases.
- The bonus will post to your account within 120 calendar days from account opening.
The fine print
- Offer is only valid for customers who open a new Aspiration Plus account either during the account sign up, or no later than 60 days from account opening, and continue to be enrolled in Aspiration Plus through the date of credit.
- The $1,000 is a net spend, meaning it's purchases minus any credits or returns.
- Aspiration Account must be open and in good standing, in the sole determination of Aspiration, through the date of the credit.
- Secondary owner joining an already established account as a joint user does not qualify for promotion.
How does this offer from Aspiration compare?
To help you determine how this bonus stacks against the rest, here are some of the most popular offers available right now:
Chase Business Complete Banking℠
- Account Type
- Business Checking
- Expires In
- 71 days
- Min Balance
- Card Spend (optional)
Under the motto "Do Well. Do Good.", Aspiration aims to help you align your values with your banking and spending, by vowing not to let your deposits fund oil projects, offering up to 10% cash back on Conscience Coalition purchases, and providing an impact score revealing the social and environmental impact of the businesses you're shopping.
They're a player in the FinTech space and offer cash accounts, savings, and a couple of investment accounts.
The premium Aspiration product is a Spend and Save account that costs $15/month or $150/year if you pay annually.
By opting for their premium account, Aspiration offers their highest cash back on Conscience Coalition purchases and interest on your savings account. Keep in mind, however, that the advertised savings rate is limited to the first $10,000 and requires a minimum spend each month using your debit card.
As with their basic account, you'll also have access to 55,000 free in-network ATMs and the option to plant a tree with every roundup.
Aspiration Plus does charge a monthly fee of $15.
While you may not be able to avoid this fee, it can be reduced by doing the following:
- Reduce your cost to $12.50 per month if you pay annually.